Craving Chinese food? Try this recipe!
Are you getting tired of that Chinese takeout? Or unable to order takeout and wanting to make your own version instead?
Then give this recipe a try!
It’s a whole meal in one, veggies, protein, and grains, all you need is a little dessert to top it off!
Total cook time: 3.5 hours
Servings: 4 (Which means leftovers!)
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup regular flour (or try almond meal for a healthier option)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 small onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bag precut broccoli
- 1-1 ½ cups pineapple
- Add egg, flour, and oil to slow cooker
- Add chicken
- Let chicken cook for 1 hour on high
- Add tomato sauce, water, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger
- Add onion, pepper, broccoli, and pineapple
- Stir until everything is mixed well and covered
- Set on high for 2.5 more hours (Time varies with your version of crock pot – If cook on low then needs to be 4.5 hours)
- Can serve over rice